An HVAC system is important for the comfort of the family throughout the year, as this is a climate control device that is responsible for heating, ventilating and air-conditioning the home. The HVAC systems are used in commercial settings as well as in homes, in summers the air conditioning provides a much cooler air whereas in summer the system supplies heat.
The HVAC parts online are also available while they are also sold in home supply stores and local outlets. Buyers should buy high quality units that have all the components.
The components of an HVAC system are:
- Thermostat- The thermostat is the most visible part of the HVAC system; which is set on an accessible wall that can be programmed in advance or can also be set manually to keep the home at a desired temperature. When the temperature becomes too hot or cold the thermostat will signal the heat exchanger or the evaporator to begin circulating warm or cooled air as needed.
- Furnace- This is known to be the key component of the HVAC system and it is also requires the largest substantial space; mostly in the attic, the basement or in a closet that is especially designed for this purpose. The function of the furnace is to heat the rooms with the supply of air via the HVAC system.
- Heat exchanger- This is found inside the furnace unit and the component switches on when the furnace is activated by the thermostat to produce warmer temperatures in the winter. The function of the heat exchanger is to pull in the cool air, heat it and then circulate it.
- Evaporator coil- This is opposite of the heat exchanger it works to cool the air when the thermostat is set at a lower temperature in summers. This is located on the exterior of the furnace; the cool air through this is circulated by the duct.
- Condensing unit- This is connected to the evaporator oil, this unit is also installed on the outside of the house and filled with refrigerant gas. The condensing unit helps in heat exchange with the exterior air.
- Refrigerant lines- These lines are narrow tubes manufactured form a durable heat and cold resistant metal such a copper or aluminium which help in carrying a refrigerant substance to the condensing unit.
- Ductwork- This is the system of ducts that transports air warmed or cooled by the ducts to the various areas of the home. The ducts are made up of aluminium which is quite lightweight; they can also be manufactured from steel, flexible plastic, fibreglass or fabric.
- Vents- The vents help in transferring the heated or cooled air from the duct system to the individual rooms. They are usually manually controlled to control the amount of heating or cooling in the area of the room.
The HVAC system contains the following components and the HVAC parts online are also available; so one can do their research and then buy the parts.